Friday, February 12, 2010

Refashioning - baby sleeping bag



I really love being resourceful and making something new from existing materials. It's such a creative process. Particularly when it comes to sewing! So, here's the my latest refashioning project....

Take two barely used pillow slips, a couple of bamboo bassinet topsheets, some bamboo wadding left over from a quilt and one new red zip = one gorgeous new comfortable sleeping bag for my beautiful little boy!

I had an old sleeping bag handed down from my nephew's baby years which I used to trace off a pattern. I unpicked the european pillowcases and cut out the pattern from both these, the wadding and the bassinett sheets.

The result is a really beautifully soft sleeping bag. The bamboo sheets and the wadding are so lovely for a baby's sleeping bag! And I'm really pleased that I've been able to make something so comfortable and soft from resources I had at hand.

1 comment: